1. Cards provide a more secure and convenient way to make purchases or payments compared to cash transactions.
2. Cards remove the risk associated with carrying too much cash in person.
3. Debit cards allow consumers to access their money from EFTPOS facilities where ATMs and banks are not easily accessible or unavailable.
4. Credit cards offer an alternative payment system that removes all the hassles associated with acquiring goods or services on credit.
5. Consumers use of debit and credit cards contribute positively to personal budgeting and financial management as transactions or spending are documented.