NIVEA for Men will be the main corporate sponsor for this year's Walk on Walk Strong (WOWS) Shave It or Save It (SOS) cancer relief campaign.
Craig Magnusson, export/business development manager for Beiersdorf Australia which owns Nivea for Men, gave a cheque for $15,000 to the chairman of WOW SOS committee Dom Sansom.
Mr Magnusson said Beiersdorf was very pleased to support the WOWS SOS campaign which sat very well with the company's corporate citizenship philosophy.
Nivea for Men, he said, was part of the world's largest skin care brand which recently celebrated its 100th anniversary.
He said it was fit for the WOWS SOS because it included a wide range of shaving and skin care products.
"We saw how successful the save or shave initiative was last year and understand clearly the need for this kind of community effort," he said. "We decided that this was a cause worthy of support."
Mr Sansom said the Nivea for Men sponsorship was a landmark for WOWS.
He said it marked the first time a major corporation had stepped forward to be the prime sponsor for Shave It or Save It.
"Many companies, organisations and individuals have contributed to our fundraising and we are grateful to them all.
"Nivea for Men, however, has become the headline sponsor for SOS.
"We hope to attract more sponsorship at this level."
He said the 2012 SOS would culminate in a public shaving ceremony at the Vodafone Arena on August 4, in which participants would have their hair shaved off.
This will signify their identification with children with cancer who become bald when they receive chemotherapy treatment.