THE July player transfer window has affected Suva's preparation for the Inkk Mobile Battle of Giants (BOG) tournament.
The capital city side was still in dilemma on the availability of the players as many were looking for options during the transfer window.
Coach Gurjit Singh said with the transfer window closing on Sunday, many of their players were back with the team preparing for the opening round of BOG at Subrail Park in Labasa this Sunday.
The 2012 Fiji FACT winners will take on Nadi in the opening match of the tournament at 9am.
"Our preparation is actually much better from this week compared to last week," Singh said.
"The weather was not good last week as it rained most of the time and we couldn't secure a ground to prepare the team but things are going as planned from this week."
Suva Football Association will know the fate of their new recruits Samu Kautogo and Sanni Issa in the meeting today.
Singh said the duo were training with the side and hoped to secure their release to bolster the team's campaign in the BOG.
"The game against Nadi will be the toughest one. Nadi has been training for the past two weeks now because they didn't have any player movement problem and were basically focusing on the preparations," the former national soccer coach said.
"Right now our focus is to build the team and combination because we don't have much time left to look into other issues."
Singh said fitness would be the proving point when the tournament moves proper to Lautoka's Churchill Park from July 26-29.