we have ourselves to blame when we are confronted with something going wrong with our car.
Whatgas.com have listed some interesting simple hints and tips to take better care of your vehicle.
* Let the car cool down before you check the radiator always allow the car to cool down; uncapping the radiator can lead to scalding from the hot steam or overflowing of the radiator itself both of which can be very dangerous to you personally.
* Seat covers and dash mats help to keep your car interior in good shape and maintain the value of your vehicle so make sure they are fitted and are in good condition themselves.
* Check your tyre pressure under-inflated tyres are bad news because they reduce your fuel economy, increase the wear on your tyres and affect your vehicle handling; always make sure you have the correct tyre pressure which you will find in your driver manual or usually by the drivers door on a label from the manufacturer.
* Battery terminals need to be cleaned if there is a build-up of acid residue but you dont need anything fancier than plain, black tea and a cloth (but wear protective gloves). An alternative is bicarbonate of soda solution use a teaspoon to one quart of water and apply to the terminals and clean the contacts as well. Keeping the connection clean will help fire up your engine and maintain battery life.
* Air conditioning not keeping you cool - if you have the air conditioner on but it is not keeping the temperature as cool as you think it should be then you probably need the unit re-gassing. This can be done inexpensively at the garage but you should make sure you dont use the unit until it is refreshed as this simply burns gas or runs down the battery for no cause.
* If you hear a screeching sound when you brake then you need your brakes checked and even more seriously, if you hear a grinding sound then immediately take the car into the garage as this is more than simple brake pads needing to be replaced but actually the metal of the brake disks itself. Look after your cars condition and it will look after you.