Government says flood relief assistance is continuing to pour in from organisations and countries.
A government statement said more than $3million had been given towards the Prime Minister's Flood Appeal Relief Fund out of which $1.5 million had been released for rehabilitation work.
Provincial Development permanent secretary Colonel Inia Seruiratu said assessments had been submitted to Cabinet as work continued on recovery and rehabilitation.
"Government has formed a taskforce to look into rehabilitation work. We are looking at priority areas for further assistance."
Other ministry stakeholders are also involved in the rehabilitation such as the Ministry of Agriculture providing seedlings, cuttings and land preparation.
The statement said government had distributed $800,000 worth of food rations.
"Any further distribution for food is dependent on verification by the Commissioner Western's team, going down to the field to see who deserves another round of rations," the statement said.
Col. Seruiratu said food items worth $280,000 were distributed during the January floods.
"Government appreciates all donations received. Containers of flood relief items are still arriving from abroad and I was also contacted by some people in California who want to send food items across."
The PM has extended the 200 per cent rebate on contributions to the flood appeal from January to May 31.