THIS recipe can easily be adapted for any meat or vegetables.
Make the roasted curry paste before you start cooking, as this will be added at the very end with the flavours giving this curry a very distinct aroma.
Adjust the chillies as needed.
500gm dry or fresh red chillies
2 tsp ginger and garlic paste (50/50)
1 sprig tomato
1 tsp dry or fresh red chillies
2 tsp coriander seeds (dhaniya)
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1 tsp black peppercorns
1 cup cashews or peanuts
1. In a pot, fry the dry chillies, onion, ginger/garlic and curry leaves for one minute.
2. Add the tomato, haldi ù fry for another two minutes.
3. Add the chicken pieces and mix well until the pieces are coated with the sauce.
4. Add water, bring to the boil and simmer for another 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is just about cooked.
5. Add the cooked curry paste and stir through, bring to the boil.
6. Remove from heat and serve with rice or roti.