VODAFONE subscribers can access the mobile medical health service known as Doctor SMS after the text message service was launched in Nadi last week.
With 13,000 subscribers registered since its launch:
* customers automatically accept the disclaimer upon registration.
* the legal aspects have been well consulted so confidentiality is water tight.
* Vodafone World of Difference candidate Rosan Lal and charity partner Action for the Children and the Aged Trust Fiji were hailed for ideas behind the health care project.
* users pay 50 cents for text consultations.
* all donations through the platform will go towards the improvement in programs linked to kidney, heart, liver and mental health and non communicable diseases.
* Dr SMS aims to save lives through purchasing mobile testing machines.
* Action for the Children and the Aged Trust Fiji will carry out screenings for cholesterol, kidney function and liver function.