Parliament schedule May 15
14 May, 2018, 5:30 pm
SCHEDULE 1 — QUESTIONS
- Oral Questions
- 177/2018 Hon. Prem Singh to ask the Minister for Local Government, Housing, Environment, Infrastructure and Transport – Would the Minister inform Parliament whether or not Administrators and Chief Executive Officers of the Municipalities (Town and City Councils) refer to the Ministry for decision-making on issues affecting ratepayers and their respective workforce.
- 178/2018 Hon. Howard Politini to ask the Attorney-General and Minister for Economy, Public Enterprises, Civil Service and Communications – Can the Minister explain the reason for the massive payout to landowners in the West and North recently from the Fiji Pine Group.
- 179/2018 Hon. Jiosefa Dulakiverata to ask the Minister for Agriculture, Rural and Maritime Development, Disaster Management and Meteorological Services – One of the key themes of this Government has been agricultural diversity. Can the Minister update the House on the success of such diversification of agricultural produce in Fiji.
- 180/2018 Hon. Alvick Maharaj to ask the Minister for Defence and National Security – Can the Minister inform the House on the initiatives the Fiji Police Force is taking to address violence against women and children.
- 181/2018 Hon. Salote Radrodro to ask the Minister for Health and Medical Services – Can the Minister update the House on remedial actions being taken by the Ministry with regards to the leakage of raw sewage of the new Navua Hospital into a creek nearby.
- 182/2018 Hon. Dr Brij Lal to ask the Minister for Women, Children and Poverty Alleviation – Can the Minister inform the House on the number of juveniles currently under the Department of Social Welfare and the types of rehabilitation programmes that are available to them.
- 183/2018 Hon. Anare Vadei to ask the Minister for Health and Medical Services – Can the Minister inform the House whether expatriates employed by the private hospitals in Fiji pay local taxes.
- 184/2018 Hon. Mohammed Dean to ask the Minister for Youth and Sports – Can the Minister update the House on the recent outcome of the Pacific Sports Ministers Meeting.
185/2018 Hon. Ro Teimumu Kepa to ask the Minister for Local Government, Housing, Environment, Infrastructure and Transport – Can the Minister provide the House with the following information –
(a) a list of foreign and local contractors for the Fiji Roads Authority;
(b) list of companies and their respective Directors; and
(c) the annual monetary value of their contracts since being engaged.
SCHEDULE 2 — MOTIONS FOR DEBATE
- Hon. Lorna Eden to move – “That Parliament debates the ‘Report on Pacific Fishing Company Limited 2015 Annual Report’ which was tabled on 7 March 2018.” (Parliamentary Paper No. 92 of 2016)
- Hon. Lorna Eden to move – “That Parliament debates the ‘Report on Fiji Electricity Authority Annual Report 2016’ which was tabled on 7 March 2018.” (Parliamentary Paper No. 103 of 2017) 3. Hon. Ashneel Sudhakar to move – “That Parliament debates the ‘Report on the petition by Yavusa Navauvau’ which was tabled on 28 September 2016.” (Parliamentary Paper No. 18 of 2016)