Lautoka 4 on contract radar
26 March, 2018, 12:00 am
FOUR Lautoka football players have been eyed for overseas contracts after its impressive outing at the O’League Championship few weeks ago.
This was confirmed by Lautoka Football Association president Abdul Kadar yesterday as the Blues prepare for the do or die semi-final encounter against the Dragons early next month.
He said the four players had been key members of the Lautoka side for the past two years.
Kadar said he would discuss with the players about their offers because he wanted the best for them.
“Four boys have been approached by overseas clubs and this is a positive sign for the team,” he said.
“Their hard work and talents have been acknowledged by other teams and all we want is for the players to have brighter future.
“As for Lautoka, the welfare of our players is paramount. We need to carefully look at their contracts before releasing them because we don’t want them to later regret their decision.”
Meanwhile, the side dispersed from camp yesterday to celebrate Palm Sunday with their loved ones.
The side has been camping for the past weeks ahead of their quarter-final clash against the Dragons.
Kadar said the return of tough defenders Kavaia Rawaqa, Kolinio Sivoki and Dave Radregai would boost the team’s campaign.
These players missed out in their 1-0 loss to Auckland City because of yellow cards and would be definite starters in the elimination round.
The side will depart the country for the Dragons match on April 3.