Kwadjo to fight Naliva

Savenaca Naliva (left) battles it out with Opeti Tagi in the 8x3 Light heavy weight bout at Prince Charles Park in Nadi. Picture: BALJEET SINGH

FORMER Universal Boxing Organisation Intercontinental and IBF Australasian Super middleweight champion Joseph Kwadjo has accepted the challenge to face Ba’s Savenaca Naliva in one of the upcoming programs.

Naliva issued the challenge to Kwadjo after he easily disposed a bulky Opeti Tagi during the Canada Fiji Southern Boxing promotions program in Nadi on Saturday.

It was Naliva’s seventh straight win since 2015.

Tagi wasn’t at his usual best on the night as Naliva decked him a few times.

On one of the occasions, Tagi fell through the ropes, but luckily just managing to remain on the stage.

Referee Joeli Sauqaqa stopped the contest 1.34 minutes into the bout’s third round.

Naliva said he expected the fight to have lasted longer.

“When I saw him at the weigh-in on Friday, I knew that it will be in my favour,” Naliva said.

“He wants a rematch and I’m ready for that. Kwadjo has also taken up the challenge which I have been waiting for since last year.
“Fiji wants this fight to go on.”