Fiji to host 2000-plus global hashers for charity
14 March, 2018, 12:43 am
Update: 12:43PM TWO thousand athletes from more than 100 countries will be in Fiji from May 24-27 to be part of the Global Inter-Hash 2018 Red Dress charity run.
Paradise Beverages recently signed up as the major sponsors of the global biennial event that will bring out running enthusiasts from all corners of the world.
They will provide cash, beverages and event collateral for a total of $25,000 sponsorship for the Red Dress Charity Run, which will begin at the Lautoka Club.
Paradise Beverages head of marketing and new product development Rowena Taito said they were very proud of their local heritage and passionate about making a positive contribution to their community.
“For us, inter-hash is a perfect combination of our passion for sociability and well-being and our commitment to making a difference to our local community. All the money raised from the 2018 event will go towards upgrading facilities at the Nadi hospital,” Ms Taito said.
About 350 runners will be wearing red dresses and running through Lautoka city.
Inter-hash is a biennial event where hashers from different groups from all over the globe get together to run and socialise.
The world’s first inter-hash took place in Hong Kong in 1978 while the last inter-hash was in Bali in 2016.
Below are the series of event planned out for the Global Inter-Hash 2018 Red Dress Charity run.
* Thursday, May 24 – Red Dress Run – Venue: Lautoka Club
* Friday, May 25 – Registration and Social – Venue: Prince Charles Park
* Saturday morning May 26 – Runs – Venue: 10 run sites in Nadi, Lautoka and Sigatoka area
* Saturday afternoon May 26 – Social – Venue: Prince Charles Park
* Sunday morning May 27 – Runs – Venue: 10 run sites in Nadi, Lautoka and Sigatoka area
* Sunday evening May 27 – Social – Venue: Prince Charles Park.