AT A GLANCE
13 March, 2018, 12:00 am
* Fiji’s 31-12 victory saw them finish the HSBC Canada Sevens unbeaten and move to second place, overtaking New Zealand, in the 2018 series standings.
* Yesterday’s cup win is Fiji’s first in Vancouver and their 33rd win in 66 finals.
* South Africa claimed the bronze medal after beating USA 29-7, the series leaders running in five tries to one in front of a packed BC Place.
* The challenge trophy winners were Scotland after day two victories over Canada (19-0), Wales 26-15) and Spain (25-5) in the final. Samoa secured the 13th place win over Canada 21-15 and England beat Australia for 5th place 31-4.
* Afters six rounds, South Africa retain their top spot in the HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series 2018 standings but Fiji, now in second place, are only eight points behind them with New Zealand in third. The teams will reconvene in Hong Kong 6-8 April.
* Points standing: South Africa 109, Fiji 101, New Zealand 92, Australia 84 and Argentina 77.