12 families still at Labasa evacuation centre
9 April, 2018, 1:25 pm
Update: 1:25PM IT HAS been more than five days and 12 families of Vulovi Settlement in Labasa are still unable to return to their homes.
Most of these families fled to evacuation centres when flash floods inundated their homes following continuous heavy rain last week.
Vulovi resident Luisa Ane said they had lost everything in the flood.
“The time we moved out from home, the water level had already reached our chest,” Ms Ane said.
“We will just wait around here and wait for Police to further advise us on when it is safe to go back home,” she said.
The families moved to the evacuation centre last Thursday.