11 north roads closed
13 April, 2018, 10:29 am
Update: 10:29AM A total of 11 roads remain closed in the North due to flooding and damaged pavements.
A statement from Fiji Roads Authority said the roads include:
- Nasarava Road – Nasarava crossing underwater
- Qelemumu Road – Qelemumu crossing underwater
- Wainikoro Road – Landslip
- Nakorotari Road – Navakuru Road underwater
- Nakelikoso Road – Nubu crossing underwater
- Nakaelikoso Road – RP 2000 Pavement failures
- Vunivutu Road – RP 6700 – Road dropout
- Banikea/ Kavula Road – Banikea Crossing flooding
- Natua Road – Lalakoro crossing underwater
- Natua Road – Nayarabale crossing completely washed out
- Savusavu – Bagata Crossing flooding
The authority has urged the public to stay off flooded roadways and not to drive into water of unknown depth and current as this could be life threatening.